Saturday, February 9, 2013

Neil Gaiman - Egor


A couple of weeks ago Neil Gaiman was in Melbourne promoting his new book Ocean at the end of the Lane. Im a lucky man and received tickets to attend as an anniversary gift (thanks honey). An evening with Neil Gaiman began with an interview, he read a chapter from the new book followed by a brief Q&A. Best of all, guests received a printed unedited draft of the first 2 chapters of Ocean at the End of the Lane.
I wasn't sure what to expect from the night. I've read most of Gaimans body of work and Im certainly a fan. Currently Im re-reading American Gods for the 5th or 6h time. The night was a real treat one I wont forget - Mr.Gaiman was well spoken, humble, funny and was genuinely excited to be there.
So this post I give you my rendition of Neil Gaiman (he really did have hair like a mop, dressed all in black and spoke in a very English accent, the good kind not the Posh or hard to understand kind).

1 comment:

  1. Love this! Glad you had fun at it. Would have loved to have seen it. Might go read American Gods myself.

    ReplyDelete