Thursday, June 16, 2011

Hello Boy














Well this is my Hellboy piece. Like my Tin Tin piece was interested in providing an Australian setting for this illustration. So I thought it would be cool to show Hellboy about to take on the mythological Rainbow Serpent. I had a lot of fun mucking around with the various Hues for the serpent.

By the way, below are some links to articles about the Hungarian Mummies I mentioned in my last post.
Cheers.


http://atlasobscura.com/place/mummies-v-c-hungary

http://bloodlessness.com/2008/art/mummies-from-vac-hungary/

3 comments:

  1. Man those are some creepy Mummies. Thanks for the link. The Rainbow serpent is a great idea for Hellboy, but somehow that long flat shadow and warm lighting are what make me think of Aus.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Really diggin that serpent! The colours are awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I remember this book i had on the rainbow snake that carved rivers into Australia when it moved. I swear Aboriginal stories are an untapped resource for Mignola related stories! Great subject choice, bro.

    ReplyDelete